Released September 15, 2022.
To help you better prepare for your Architect Registration Examination®(ARE®) appointment and better understand exam policies, we've updated the ARE 5.0 Guidelines.
Changes to the Guidelines
The latest version includes the following changes:
- Detailed instructions to view provisional feedback: Before exiting the exam, you have the opportunity to view provisional feedback. Provisional feedback is an accurate predictor of whether or not you passed or failed the exam division, but it's not an official score. You can also view step-by-step instructions on viewing provisional feedback with screenshots on our blog.
- A note that NCARB will be conducting random audits to verify the validity of applications for English as a Second Language (ESL) accommodations. Candidates that have been approved for an ESL accommodation may be selected for an audit at any time, including after an examination has been completed using the accommodation. This note is also included on the application form.
- More detailed information about the divisional practice exams. All licensure candidates with active NCARB Records can access our free practice exams for each division. Plus, supervisors and mentors can now access PDF versions of each practice exam—but we strongly encourage candidates to continue using the full practice exams in their NCARB Record.
- Clarification on two PSI policies that are different from Prometric's: 1) PSI will not provide compensation for lost time due to test center closures or technical issues, and 2) candidates testing in PSI test centers cannot leave the test center during their appointment, including on a break. Learn more about these policies.
- An update on NCARB's Approved Test Prep Provider Program: With our new focus on developing in-house study materials, NCARB is sunsetting the Approved Test Prep Provider Program. Previously approved materials retain their approved status through December 31, 2022.
- An update to the ARE 5.0 Reference Matrix: The Project Resource Manual has been replaced by CSI Practice Guides. Candidates can use either reference to prepare for the relevant divisions of the exam.
No other changes have been made to the Guidelines.
Practice Exam PDFs
As noted above, NCARB has released PDF versions of each divisional practice exam. These PDFs are intended for supervisors and mentors who may wish to understand the practice exams' content but don’t have access to the Practice Exam Dashboard in their NCARB Record. We strongly encourage candidates to continue using the administration version that is available for free in their NCARB Record.
Questions? Contact us or visit the ARE 5.0 Community.
Please sign in to leave a comment.