Released March 29, 2022.
This June, the delivery of the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) will move from Prometric to PSI. We just released a blog post detailing everything you need to know as we get closer to the launch date with PSI.
Looking for the short version? Here are the key takeaways:
- The exam's content, structure, navigation, and tools are not changing as part of the PSI migration.
- June 14 is the first day exam appointments will be available with PSI, but you'll be able to migrate your exam eligibilities to PSI and start scheduling appointments later this spring (late April/early May).
- May 31, 2022, is the last day to test with Prometric. You can continue scheduling, rescheduling, and testing with Prometric through May 31.
- Because PSI and Prometric operate through two separate appointment systems, we can't cancel your Prometric appointments, offer refunds for existing Prometric appointments, or move a Prometric appointment to PSI's system.
- If you're trying to find your nearest PSI test center, please use the list on our website, rather than Google or PSI's website.
- Get ready for a better exam experience, with benefits like dedicated online proctors who will be familiar with the ARE policies and procedures, more flexible and less expensive exam rescheduling, detailed feedback on failing score reports, and more physical test center locations.
- Unused, unexpired exam seats (or "seat credits") in your Record won't expire as part of the migration—you will be able to use those credits to schedule PSI appointments after the migration.
Miss our recent NCARB Live about the migration to PSI? A recording of the webinar is now available on our YouTube channel. Watch it to hear our panelists answer candidates' questions about the upcoming change in exam delivery vendors.