Can the contractor submit a Change Order?


1 comment

  • Avatar
    Susan Anderson (Edited )

    The architect technically requests a  change order proposal from the contractor.    They may formally do so in an RFP, request for (change order) proposal.  The architect and owner accept the proposal (or not) on a formal change order document and the amount, or the time extension, is reflected on the next pay request.

    I don't know if the options had any other language that would make them a better choice, but yes, informally (and usually verbally) one just asks the contractor for a change order.  

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk