I took PjM this morning and got a provisional PASS on my second attempt!
Knowing the A201, A101, B101 and C401 is vital for this exam...the largest section of this exam is on this content so make sure you know the roles and responsibilities of these parties like the back of your hand...know what the architect is required to do from programming to CA. More importantly, know what the architect should NOT to do. For lack of a better term, "stay in your lane"! Since this is my retake, I didn't re-read the other contract docs stated in the references for this division but it doesn't hurt to know the basics of them.
Make sure you know:
- scheduling and how to read and adjust project schedules
- QA/QC measures - very important for this exam
- the basic qualities of each project delivery method and what they entail
- how to calculate fees.
In regards to study material, I used:
- Kevin from Pluralsight's required reading document for AHPP
- The PjM section in Ballast is also very helpful...very good section on scheduling and QA/QC
- I took practice exams like it was my job (ArchiPrep, Architect Exam Prep, Black Spectacles, DesignerHacks, Ballast) - very helpful to understand the concepts for PjM
- made flashcards based on info gained from Ballast, AHPP and Hyperfine
Please sign in to leave a comment.