Planned Unit Development Dividing by Program



  • Avatar
    Rebekka O'Melia

    The planning board of the municipality would still have to approve a PUD.  Many of your typical private housing developments are PUDs.  There are homeowner's association and fees.  In general terms, a city is not going to allow a developer to build a community that doesn't comply with zoning.  HOWEVER, the developer may be able to cluster single-family residences or condos in groupings in order to provide bigger open spaces in other areas.  Some planning boards have regs to address PUDs.  For example, I've heard of planning boards regulating that the "open spaces", cannot be 100% wetlands.

    I don't know of any resource for researching this topic in particular.  You could research several planning board regs and see how PUDs are addressed.

    Hope this helps!

    Rebekka O'Melia, B.Arch, M. Ed, Registered Architect, NCARB, ​​Step Up ARE Coaching​​​

    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Diane Colucci

    Thank you Rebekka this is helpful.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk