I transitioned over from 4.0 and lost my passes from the SD and PPP exams so I had to start again. PcM was my first exam in 5.0 and to my surprise I passed. Other things about me - I'm a horrible test taker, I have a full-time job at a firm and a 4-year old therefore had to strategize the little time I had left for studying. I wanted to mention this because if you're in the same position, I wanted to give you encouragement because I know its hard but it is still doable.
Keep track of your time during the exam and practice the accounting formulas and ratios until they become a piece of cake (Hyperfine and Amber Books helped me prepare for this). Though I felt confident with the accounting stuff, those exam questions took me the longest.
Sources I studied
1. AHPP - like what most on here said, AHPP is BIBLE for PcM and Wiley's website provides a recommended list of study sections per exam. I followed this with what time I had. I read a few sections thoroughly and ended up having to skim the remaining 200 pages.
2. Amber Books ($190/mo) - I registered with a group of 6 and the instructor makes concepts super easy to understand. Like most of us I'm a visual person so switching between videos and reading helped a lot. He also provides test-taking strategies which I found helpful.
3. Schiffhardin (FREE) - I listened through his whole 2018 lecture series during work and to-and-from work, and the B101 lectures twice.
4. AIA Code of Ethics (FREE) - AHPP also has a section that covers this.
5. Hyperfine Practice Exam ($39) - I felt that this set of 80 questions helped me prepare the most compared to the others below.
6. Designer Hacks Practice Exam ($39) - Good but only downside is that there are no case-study practice questions.
7. Brightwood practice questions - I didn't find these helpful in terms as the question formatting was not like 5.0 question format. It doesn't have practice case study questions either.
I did not touch any Ballast materials nor Black Spectacles except for their free videos on YouTube.
On to PjM. Good luck all! <3
Please sign in to leave a comment.