Passed PPD and PDD thanks to Bootcamp!

Comments

4 comments

  • Avatar
    Suchitra Van

    Congrats! sounds great, you deserve it - now enjoy your kiddo. : )

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Jennifer Johnson

    Yes, congrats! I wish his course was shorter, but I've heard a lot of great things! Can you share what you studied your second time around besides the camp itself? 

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Abrah Katcher

    Hi Jennifer.  I actually thought the 10 week course was the right amount of time.  The second time around, I spent about 75% of my time attending meetups in the Bootcamp.  I spent the other 25% of my time researching topics I discovered I didn't know very well in the meetups.  This involved going back to books like Building Code Illustrated, Building Construction Illustrated, MEEB, Fundamentals of Building Construction, Architect's Studio Companion, Ballast 5.0, and my Amber video and Thaddeus video notes, as well as researching topics online.  I had studied so many sources before my first attempt at the exams, that I didn't think it would be productive to just read more.  Therefore, my studies the second time around used the same sources, but were more targeted on topics I discovered I didn't understand as well.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Abrah Katcher

    Thanks, Suchitra!  I still have to take the California Supplemental Exam.  But I am taking a break to enjoy my kid!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk