Nick NCARB and Michelle NCARB, please advise:
After transitioning from 4.0 long time ago I have failed PPD and now failed PDD for the second time.
I would like to ask you a general question. What preparation materials you would recommend focusing on, based on my score reports below?
Also, I felt challenged by following aspects of the tests:
1. Case Studies and researching information within very short time limits.
2. Matching partition details to different plan conditions relative to fire-resistance and acoustical requirements.
3. Quickly defining fire separations based on the plan of the building.
I used NCARB recommended sources and though I was on the right track.This is what I have been using:
1. Building codes illustrated
2. IBC-2015 chapters 3,4,5,6,7,10
3. Building Construction Illustrated
4. Architectural Detailing
5. Fundamentals of Building Construction
6. Architectural Studio Companion.
7. NCARB approved sample tests by Black Spectacles.
8. 3-rd party source: PDD Review by Ballast
Please sign in to leave a comment.