I recently completed the ARE exams. My last two exams were PDD and PPD. I studied hard for three months and because of the overlap I purposely scheduled the exams two days apart from each and passed on the first try. The study materials I used are the following;
Primary Study Material:
- Amber Book 5.0 - Subscription to Videos.
- FEMA 454 - Chapters 4 and 5 - Designing for Earthquakes.
- NCARB ARE 5.0 Handbook - practice exam.
- MEEB illustrations: mechanical, electrical, plumbing illustrations as well as the passive cooling and heating illustrations.
- Building Construction Illustrated - I did not read the book. Used it more for the detail illustrations.
I strongly suggest using the Amber Book course.
Please sign in to leave a comment.