I followed the steps underneath and pass the exam the first try.
- Skimming PcM Chapter related to ARE 5 Review Manual for the Architect Registration Exam for GETTING THE SENSE OF BIG PICTURE. So there is NO NEED to dig deeply, like knowing meaning of every professional terms.
- Going through flash cards for MAKING YOU REALIZE THE MUST-KNOW TOPICS. What I use are two Apps: NCARB ARE 5.0 Exam Questions and NCARB 5 Architecture Flashcards. You may want to go through QUICKLY for several times.
- Reading chapters of The Architecture's Handbook of Professional Practice, 15th recommend by Young Architect for UNDERSTANDING TOPICS THROUGH MORE DETAILED CONTENTS AND VIVID CASE STUDY. Young Architect also has videos of each objectives which are also helpful for summarizing and highlighting crucial points.
- Starting mock-up exam for TESTING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND HELPING YOU UNDERSTAND TOPICS IN A DEEPER WAY. Designer Hacks is an easier one for the start of doing practice exam.
- Writing down the topics that you are not familiar with and returning to ARE 5 Review Manual for the Architect Registration Exam and The Architecture's Handbook of Professional Practice, 15th for FIXING THE HOLES OF YOUR BAG OF KNOWLEDGE.
- Finally, doing ARE 5 Practice Exam for the Architect Registration Exam for SOME REAL CHALLENGES. While its case study is still not challenge enough, case studies in Young Architect's course are better.
SURPRISE I MET IN REAL EXAM:
- WHAT STAFF SHOULD BE PUT INTO RFP BASED ON THEIR EXPERIENCE AND PROJECT TYPE RELATED QUESTIONS
- BAR CHART, WORK PLAN RELATED QUESTIONS
- SHOP DRAWING RELATED QUESTIONS
Please sign in to leave a comment.