I passed PcM yesterday! It was my 1st time taking the exam, first I want to THANK everyone in this forum who shared their thoughts, I did what everyone advised me to and I got the good results.
I studied for 6 weeks about 120 hours.
- I started with designer Hacks exams to figure out what subjects are important, then Googled those subjects and definitions and when I got the idea, created my own notes.
- Then I studied Ballast Manual
- Then started AHPP based on Wiley's list, I read those parts, tried to understand the logic behind the materials and highlighted them, added some of my work experience examples next to those areas to help me get the subject and terms, this is the link: http://narmourwright.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/AHPP15e_ARE5_PCM.pdf
- I listened to Schiff Hardin lectures 6, 7 about 3 or 4 times and tried to get the logic behind every single scenario he tells. This is a MUST. I found the scenarios very similar to the actual exam in terms of subject, here is the link: https://www.schiffhardin.com/professionals/attorneys/d-i/hanahan-michael-j/hanahan-lecture-notes-2018
- I studied B101 and C401 on my commute using some pdf reader apps.
- Then studied Ballast practice exam and practice problems.
- For the last two weeks I did lot of reviews of AHPP and practice tests and Quizlets based on people's notes and added to my notes. Its very important to do lot of practice tests and force yourself to make the right decision.
- the last 2 days I did designer Hacks 80 questions and Ballast practice exam with timing like the actual exam, it helped me a lot for time management.
On the exam day: During the exam I did my best to finish the first 60 questions in about 1 hour and 20 mins, then took my 15 mins break, (which helped me refresh) then did case studies and managed to have extra 10 mins at the end to review the marked questions. As everyone advised here, TIME MANAGEMENT is very important.
The exam was not very easy but it was easier than I expected, its not about memorizing, its all about understanding the logic behind subjects, some questions were even very easy (like 7-10 of them) that took 3 seconds to pick the answer, I think my work experience as a CCM helped me a lot with some of the questions as well. My next will be PjM.
I wish everyone success.
Please sign in to leave a comment.