I will be taking PcM this coming Tuesday. Woohoo! While reviewing multiple study references and practice tests I have come across a few pieces of conflicting information. I am using Ballast, Blackspecticles, and AHPP as my predominate study guides and source for practice tests. I was hoping for some clarification on these items:
1) Insurance/Liability: If someone gets hurt on a job site who's insurance covers the injury? Is it the Owner or Contractor, or I suppose if it is an employee of the Architect or the Architect it might be the Architect's firm itself?
2) For quality control in checking a drawing set, it is recommended to have reviews:
- desk crit/redlines,
- project manager review,
- in-house review (third party),
- outside review from the third party.
- Principal reviews (or is that only for very small firms?)
Is the goal to keep everything mostly in the project team and off the principals' plate? and in-house? I am wondering what is the most correct answer from NCARB's point of view.
3) Statue of Repose vs Statue of Limitations- another person posted that these are defined differently in the different resource. Is this correct from NCARB point of view or the opposite?
- a Statute of Limitations begins running from the date in which the damages are discovered
- a Statute of Repose begins running from the date of substantial completion
Please sign in to leave a comment.