Got the PPD PASS today (after a FAIL a few months ago) and I am DONE with the AREs. Almost happy and sad at the same time. I wanted to share a few tips for studying. Material overlap with PDD is very similar. I took and passed PDD before I retook PPD and felt the material was very similar.
- Building Construction Illustrated - read cover to cover. Chapter 7 especially
- Building Codes Illustrated - cover to cover read
- FEMA Ch 4+5
- Visual Dictionary of Architecture - sounds like odd selection, but had helpful diagrams for structure, MEP etc.
- Ballast (I had the 4.0 book) and the info I felt was very similar to the 5.0 book. By the point of the PPD test, I had basically read the entire 4.0 book cover to cover.
- Kaplan flash cards and a few practice tests from PPP, SPD, and BS
- Architect Studio Companion - skim read
- I did a order of Black Spectacles again. Lectures were helpful somewhat. But the practice tests were great. I took at least one practice test every other day.
Please sign in to leave a comment.