I want to thank you all for the insightful feedbacks I got here on this forum. Just did my exam and got a preliminary pass.
Here's what i used:
- AHPP (a must, lot of the testing materials came from this)
- ARE 5.0 Kaplan Review Manual (used this to cross check / reference AHPP study notes)
- Designer Hacks (I used this to fill in the gaps between AHPP & Kaplan)
My experience was somewhat different from Scott's, I had quite a few multiple choice questions, and most of them pushed my understanding of project management to the test. What I took away from the exam was, you'll require both knowledge in what they ask you & make your own logical derive (again, I'm not sure how one can study this... but trust in your gut feelings and answer these questions as best as you can).
My best advice is to stay focused on the AHPP materials (or per the ARE handbook) and only use 3rd party materials as a cross reference point. In addition, we should also enter our exams with the right mentality:
1. Stop thinking about what would be in the test. EXPECT ANYTHING & EVERYTHING.
2. If you pass, celebrate, if you fail, celebrate.
3. Not knowing the answer during the exam. DO NOT DWELL ON QUESTIONS.
4. Do your best. And that's more than enough.
Good luck guys, and Prac Management here I come!!!
Please sign in to leave a comment.