I took the Project Management exam yesterday and got "likely failed". My ego is still very bruised at the moment because I felt very prepared for this exam.
I studied 2 months for the PjM exam in total (2 weeks longer than I studied for the PcM exam, which I passed first try).
My primary study materials were:
- Kevin G's recommended sections from the AHPP (I read through each section twice, making flash cards as I read and then reviewing my flashcards),
- the ARE 5.0 Handbook and matrix materials,
- the Black Spectacles videos, (I watched the project execution videos twice because my initial practice quiz results showed that it was my weakest area)
- the Schiff Harden audio lectures (I used this heavily for PcM and then continued listing while I studied for PjM. I listened to his lectures almost daily except at work),
- read Ballast PjM study guide,
- Quizlet flashcards (not using this a ton for this exam, just as a light refresher on terms)
- took the Ballast, Brightwood, Designer Hacks, and ARE 5.0 Handbook practice quizzes numerous times, averaging a 90% to 95% in the days leading up to the exam
The math wasn’t an issue for and I knew from reading the discussion boards that there would be unit conversions (ft-yard-acre), so I made sure I knew those going in.
What I wasn’t prepared for was what felt like a lot of Programming and Analysis questions. Did anyone have a similar issue? I didn’t have nearly as much PcM overlap as other discussion boards suggested there would be.
I don’t want to get into specifics, but did anyone else have a lot of Programming & Analysis related questions (zoning, parking, etc)? And what other recommended study material should I look at? Right now, my plan is to study CE/PA/PjM materials together to prepare for my second attempt at Project Management. Hopefully, this will also help when I start earnestly studying for Construction & Evaluation and Programming & Analysis.
Please sign in to leave a comment.