Many thanks to all that have shared successful strategies here. I took PcM yesterday -- passed!
Sources I studied
- AHHP -- I read the chapters outlined as relevant to the test. I echo all the others with this book, it is the go-to resource for PjM + PcM.
- Ballast -- My office graciously provides the Ballast 5.0 materials [ study book, practice problems, practice exam ] these are nice to study from, but certainly not the end all be all. I would have had a rough time in the test center personally if I relied on this material solely.
- Schiff Hardin Lectures -- Another echo, but it bears repeating -- these lectures are great to shed light on the contracts and their applied effects.
- Various miscellaneous resources from google queries similar to 'ARE 5.0 Practice Management Tips'
Actual Testing Experience
- I did not feel blindsided by any questions.
- At the same time, many questions were tough.
- It helped to have taken PjM and briefly looked over CE material.
I am glad I studied from multiple resources. I took a decent amount of notes by hand ( I know, I'm a luddite ) The material I noted down was far easier to recall from memory, and in general I understood it better.
If you have friends taking the test or anyone willing to listen, do your best to explain what you are studying before you take the test. If you can teach it, then you truly understand it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.