Just got my CE results and happy to note I passed!
Yay! 5 passed in 6 months; 1 more exam to go (retake of PPD).
When I first sat down, I was worried... Questions were challenging. However, as others have noted on other exams, I took my time, flagged any question that was an issue, and returned to them once I'd been all the way through. I changed many of my original responses in this process, as I got smarter and more comfortable with the questions as I went through the exam. I finished with 10 minutes left.
What I studied:
- All NCARB practice materials for CE
- AHPP, Part 3, Project Delivery: 9 &10 (I'd already studied Part 3: 12 and 13 and Part 4: 16 for another exam, so simply reviewed my notes)
- Architectural Graphic Standards, 11th edition
- BlackSpectacles with recently released sample exam
- CONTRACTS that AIA offers as study samples; did I note CONTRACTS?
- QBank from Brightwood
- Old NALSA flash cards randomly across the 5 weeks I studied, but you can pass without these
Recommend looking at some wall sections.
I studied for 5 weeks 1-3 hours/day, with the longer sessions on weekends.
I think this was a great exam, and not just because I passed. I had serious doubts that I did pass, because it was challenging. I had to really take my time and be smart about what was being asked. And... isn't that a model for practice?
Please sign in to leave a comment.