Jumping on the fail band wagon too, just got my PDD result back today which is also a fail on top of PPD fail from February. I'm struggling for direction here, and feeling super dejected as I studied really hard for both exams. To give a summary of all the study material I've used leading up to this;
- Black spectacles lectures (37 hours worth) - watched all of the lectures, took notes while watching
- Building Construction Illustrated - took a bunch of notes on selected chapters, used as a reference for more detail on BS topics
- architectexamprep PDD study guide - read all the way through, no notes taken
- Ballast practice exam - took at got around 75% first time
- Read over all my notes twice
- Brightwood flashcard app on phone - went through the Structural Systems category a few times
At this point I honestly don't know what more I can study. I'm thinking it would be beneficial to join a study group here in LA where I live, but not finding anything online to actively get involved with.
I spend around 7 weeks studying for this one, a couple of hours every night, and more at weekends. Do I need longer to prepare for each exam? I have a couple of work colleagues who swore by 5 weeks study time per ARE 4.0 exam.
What more can I do?!
Please sign in to leave a comment.