Released April 26, 2022
We know that many of you have been anxiously waiting to migrate to PSI and start scheduling exams. NCARB is excited to announce that PSI migration and scheduling are officially open! Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) candidates can now migrate their exam eligibilities to NCARB's new exam delivery vendor.
You don’t have to migrate now. If you'd prefer, you can continue testing with Prometric through May 31, 2022. After May 31, you'll be automatically migrated to PSI. No matter when you decide to migrate, the first day to test with PSI is June 14, 2022. Once you migrate to PSI, you won't be able to test with Prometric.
To begin scheduling appointments with PSI, you will first need to migrate your exam eligibilities from Prometric to PSI. Here’s how:
- Log in to your NCARB Record.
- Navigate to the "Exams" tab.
- You’ll see a header at the top of the page with information on migrating to PSI, including a migration button. Click the "Begin Migration Process Now" button and follow the steps outlined on the screen.
You are not eligible to migrate to PSI if any of the following apply to you:
- You do not have active exam eligibilities
- You have an exam scheduled with Prometric
- You are waiting on a score report from an exam with Prometric
After you have migrated your exam eligibilities to PSI, you'll notice the interface within the "Exams" tab of your NCARB Record has a new look and feel. Your Record will walk you through a basic tour of the changes. Here are the key things to know:
- Under the "All Divisions" section, the square for each individual division will list rolling clock information and have a link to view past score reports, if applicable.
- Once you schedule exams, they will show at the top of the Exams tab.
- If you have existing accommodations, they will automatically migrate to PSI. You can see the accommodations at the bottom of the Exams tab.
- With PSI, you have the option to pay for your exam seat in advance, or to pay at the time of scheduling.
- Under "ARE Resources" at the bottom of your Exams tab, you'll find a full-length, scored practice exam within the new Practice Exam Dashboard. Note: the publicly available Demo Exam is not scored.