NCARB developed a new payment process for ARE 5.0 that provides candidates a bit more flexibility. You’ll now pay NCARB directly when you’re ready to take an exam and then be able to immediately select an appointment time or return later and use that open seat payment to schedule your appointment.
When you’re ready to pay for an ARE 5.0 exam appointment, simply follow the steps below.
- Log into your My NCARB record and click on the “Exams” tab. Then choose one of the “Pay and schedule >” buttons.
- A pop-up window will appear indicating that to schedule an ARE 5.0 division, you must first purchase an “open seat” at a Prometric test center. To do so, click “Pay and schedule.”
- Select your payment method.
- Provide payment details and billing address, and then click “Submit Payment.”
Once your payment is processed, you’ll be able to begin the scheduling process and select an open seat at a Prometric test center, or you can choose to wait and schedule an exam appointment later.
- You can begin the scheduling process by selecting the Schedule [Division Name] button. If you decide this isn’t the division you want to schedule, you click “Did you want to schedule a different division?” to select the name of the division you do want to schedule.
- If you want to pay now and schedule later (within a period of one year from the date of payment for an open seat), select “Schedule later.” To see how to schedule a previously paid for division, see the end of this article.
- After a few moments, you’ll be directed to Prometric’s scheduler to find a test center. Enter your address or zip code to find a test center near you. Click “Schedule an Appointment” next to the test center at which you want to make an appointment.
- Select the date on which you want to test. A list of available appointment times for your selected test center on your selected date will appear in the box to the right. Select the appointment time you prefer inside the box and click “Next.”
- Review the Appointment Verification screen and confirm the details of selected appointment including the division, date, time, and location of your appointment. If the details are not correct, click “< Back” to make adjustments.
Once you have confirmed all of the details are accurate, click the “Complete Appointment” button.
After you’ve completed the scheduling process, an appointment confirmation email will be sent to you. Your appointment information will also be accessible in your NCARB Record.
You can reschedule an ARE appointment within the applicable reschedule policy.
- To reschedule, choose the “Reschedule” link shown below the scheduled appointment date.
This will direct you to back to Prometric’s scheduler page where you will be able to investigate alternate testing sites, dates, and times. You will have to pay any applicable rescheduling fees as part of the rescheduling process.
If you’ve purchased an open seat and haven’t yet scheduled an appointment, your Exams tab will now allow you to schedule an exam appointment without paying again.
- To schedule an exam appointment for a particular division, click the “Schedule open seat >” button next to that division name.