There are just a couple of things that must be in place before you are going to be able to transition and get your ARE 5.0 eligibilities:
- You must have active eligibilities in ARE 4.0. If you haven’t been testing for a while and your ARE 4.0 eligibilities have become inactive, you must reactivate them so you can transition.
- You must have all your testing attempts scored and posted. We want to make sure you get all the ARE 5.0 credits you deserve, so you won’t be able to transition until all pending scores are posted.
- You must not have any ARE 4.0 exams scheduled. A scheduled appointment means you could possibly pass an ARE 4.0 division and impact your ARE 5.0 credits (see #2 above).
To make the transition, please follow the simple steps below.
- Log into your My NCARB account and click on the “Exams” tab, then click the Begin the transition process now
- Review the ARE 5.0 divisions you’ll be required to take and pass, as displayed in the example below, and click Transition to 5.0.
- Confirm that you really want to transition from ARE 4.0 to ARE 5.0. Once you transition, the change to ARE 5.0 is PERMANENT. To confirm your decision, please type the word “TRANSITION” in the pop-up window. This will make the Transition to 5.0 button active. To complete your transition, click Transition to 5.0.
- Wait a minute or two for the change takes place in the system. Your new ARE 5.0 My Examination screen will appear as shown below. Going forward, you will schedule all exam appointments via the “Exams” tab in your My NCARB account.